Monday, January 26, 2009

Chemo round 1..!!!

On the 9th of January i had my first Chemo session. I went in at 8am with my sister Denise. We sat there for a bit and i had my blood work done. They poked me and stuck my IV in and started the Chemo, a bit into it i felt my throat closing up and for some reason my ears were ringing. I called over to the nurse to tell her what was going and she immediately turned my IV off. Apparently those are not good side effects from the Chemo. They pumped more fluids into me and started it again. It is the most weirdest feeling i think i have ever had. Your body heats up a bit and it felt like ants running all over my body.

I had Lot's of visitor's though out the day, Deonne, Russ, Keala, My Parents, Roxi and my Son Cody all came to see me. And my sister Denise stayed there the whole 9hrs i was having these drugs pumped into me.

That night i went home and went to bed. I felt dizzy and nauseated and very restless. The next morning Roxi and Russ came over to check on me. For the first few hours i was awake i was fine, I was my normal self just a lot more tired and calm. But then i started to feel really drained, dizzy and tired so Nurse Roxi sent me to bed and i passed out. She came in every hour on the dot the check my temperature. At one point i hit 101.4 and she started to worry, she made me take my medication and put wet towels on my head to cool me down and make my temperature go down. She told me it didn't go down till around 4am. Poor girl got next to no sleep. I barely remember her coming in at all i was so out of it.

The next day my sister Denise came over to go over paperwork and my insurance and of course to check on me. She brought my nephew Nick with her and brought food as well. Denise was explaining to us that there was some paperwork somewhere that explained exactly what do to if my temperature was to hire or i was having a reaction to the medication, which i forgot to give to the people who were looking after me at home WHOOP's and we found out that if my temperature hits 100.4 then we need to contact the doctor. So well at least we know that now right?
We all went over the paper work i had, bills, doctors notes, prescription's and a lot of information on Cancer and Cancer treatment.
After Denise left i started to once again feel dizzy and sleepy so Roxi and I put on Troy and feel asleep on my bed for a few hour's. I woke up a few hour's later and felt crappy i felt like i was going to be sick and my stomach hurt, my head hurt and i just wanted to give up right then but i knew i couldn't.

Roxi left at around 7pm and i watched a movie and feel asleep with Keala.

But then at 10pm there was a knock at the door. Keala opened it and there was Ryan fresh out of Jail. Roxi had picked him up and brought him over to see me before he left to go home to St George. It was so good to see him. We sat and chatted about what had been going on it really made my day so much better.

I went back to work on the Monday even though i was told by everyone i shouldn't have. I didn't feel so great so i came home and sat on my couch and watched the TV and had visitor's checking in on me. I went to bed a felt horrible and was sick once or twice.

Tuesday i went back to work, once again not listening to what everyone was telling me. Half way though my day i started to feel very dizzy my coordination was off i was dropping things and knocking things over and the passed out while talking to one of my work friends. I was taken down to Alta View hospital, where Keala met me.

The funny thing was the Doctor who was looking after me looked so familiar i stared at him a few minutes and looked at his name. I then came to realize that my Doctor was a kid who lived on the same street as me when i was growing up, it was such a lovely surprise, we chatted for a bit and caught up it was lovely. Roxi turned up about an hour after i arrived along with my brother Rick. They did another scan on my Brain to make sure that the Cancer hadn't spread there (of course we knew it didn't). I sat in that room for hour's i swear we watched American Idol and i made Roxi go to Del Taco and get me some food and a milkshake even though i was not supposed to eat anything. Bad Me! All my tests were clear and i was told i was over doing it. And was advised to take it easier.

Wednesday and Thursday i stayed at home and relaxed as ordered, still feeling crappy but not as bad as the last few day's.

Since my first Chemo session i have been doing really good after the first week things got a lot easier. I wasn't feeling so sick but my knee's have been hurting a lot from where the Chemo is killing off the Cancer Cell's and my eye sight has gotten slightly worse. Also my hair started to fall out but that's another story!

Now today i start round 2 of Chemo... Pray for me to get though it safely and that i am not too sick from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment