Friday, January 30, 2009

Shorter , Shorter , Shorter....... GONE!

You know one of the the worst thing's about going though Chemo isn't the Nausea or crappy feeling. Its losing your Hair.

I was told that 14 day's after my first Chemo session i would lose all my hair. Well they were not lying.







Me before i found out i had Cancer.





So 2 weeks before my first Chemo session i decided to have some fun with my hair. I went to my good friend Stephanie and she cut my hair pretty short for me. It was so cute and all my friend's loved it. Honestly i did as well.










Me after my first hair cut with Maddie, Ryan and Leslie's youngest.

After my first session of Chemo i decided that it would be to traumatic to wake up one morning and have all my hair on my pillow like they told me it would happen. So i took a bold step and went to my sister Deonne and she cut is so short. It was a cute style but honestly i didn't like my hair that short.



Me again it just keep's getting shorter lol.

One morning i woke up and there was quite a lot of hair on my pillow, i started to freak out a little bit, i would run my hands though what little hair i had and it was just coming out in clump's. I started to ball my eyes out. I called Leslie and Roxi and started crying even harder, they were so sweet and caring and told me not to worry it would come back. I started making breakfast for Cody when a big chunk of my hair just fell into his cereal. I got mad and upset so many emotion's running though me. I called my sister and told her that i needed my head shaved right then and now, we arranged to meet at her salon and i prepared to go. Denise showed up first trying to calm down Deonne she was hysterical she didn't want to do it she didn't know if she had the strength to do. Denise did a great job of calming her down.


When i got there all my siblings where there, i was so happy they were there to support me and to go though this with me. I sat in the chair and Deonne ran the buzzer's though my hair and burst into tears "I don't think i can do this Dez" she said to me with tears rolling down her cheek's, i looked at her and i said "Yes you can sister" and she continued to shave my head. I looked over at Denise who was holding my hand and comforting Deonne at the same time and she was crying i asked her why she was crying and she told me she was proud of me and how grown up i was. After i was done i sat and looked at myself in the mirror i burst into tears and i saw all my family in the same mirror, standing behind me, supporting me and loving me i got up and my brother Paul rushed over to the chair and sat down and insisted Deonne did the same to him. My heart right then was filled with love and warmth he had every inch of hair cut from his head and face. And right then i knew that i would get past this, its just hair it will grow back i reminded myself.


After i was done i called Roxi and Leslie again and just balled my eyes out and once again they both comforted me and reminded me that it was just hair and that in order for me to get healthy, live my life and raise my son it was a temporary sacrifice.


A few days after that we had a birthday party for Ryan and my hair was driving me insane! So i got Deonne to Bic my head so i had nothing what's so ever. I sat in my bathroom and everyone just stood and watched and supported me. This is what family and friends are for, to support, love and comfort you! Thanks everyone.









GONE!!!! Me with no hair.





THE WIG!!!


My Daughter Courtney went out and got me a wig, and the night my hair was totally gone my friends decided to do a wig party for me, to make me laugh.






Ryan and he's oppsie pose!!!
What a idiot lol!!!








Leslie and her i am the coolest pose!!!
She makes me laugh lol!!!





Roxi and her hhhhmmm lemme think pose!!!
She's so funny lol!!!






For those of you reading this who are going though Chemo treatment, just remember it's just hair, it will grow back eventually. Just take it one step at a time, don't go crazy and right there and then bic your head as it will just be so overwhelming take it easy and when the day comes that it does finally just fall over turn to those people in your life that you know will make you think positive about it there will be the biggest help of all. Thank you everyone, my family my friend's you guys are so awesome.



3 comments:

  1. Dez, I love you SO MUCH and am so glad you started a blog so I can keep up with what is going on with you. I just wanted to let you know that you are GORGEOUS (hair or no hair) and that you are such a strong and amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dez, What can I say, I changed your diapers, took you to Harmons at midnight sucking your thumb when you were 12 to watch all the young men working in the store turn their heads and watch every move you made (what a man magnet you were and still are),give birth to your 5 children, watched you muster up all the strength you had to save your temple marriage but you refused to have your spirit broken so the marriage became broken, but the 4 beautiful children from that marriage and then Cody from the second marriage is what is going to get you through this horrific disease you have. You so exemplify the song by Frank Sinatra "I did it my way" and your way is a survivor and an example of appreciating life every day and every hour. I love you so much and that physical strength I have always admired in you along with the spiritual strength that you obsorb from your wonderful supportative family, Reed and Adeline, the seven siblings, will also be there to help you get through this bump in the road, more like a small mountain. You are beautiful and amazing. Love you much,
    Auntie Glo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is mike her son and i love my mom no matter what challenges happen in her life. Its so hard seeing my mom with no hair fighting this cancer. I miss her so much and cant wait to see her. This is just a small part of her life and a big growing experience. Cant wait to see her with the progress she has made. Cancer is i big deal and i have a good friend that has skin cancer and i see my friend and it make me so sad cuz i think of my mom and it make me love my mom even more. I love u so so so much mom and i love you to sky and back again.

    ReplyDelete