Monday, January 26, 2009

Introduction

My name is Desiree, but Dez to those who are close to me. I am 44 years old and live in Utah. I have 5 kids, 1 of which still lives with me and i am a single mom.

At the end of last year i was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer in my knee and needless to say i was shocked. I kept on asking why me? why do i have this horrible illness? I think everyone who has Cancer asks the same thing. And honestly there really is no answer. For those of you who are reading this and have been touched by Cancer please know you are not alone, even if sometimes you think you are.

My treatment plan right now is Chemotherapy every 3 week's for 5 months. After that a few weeks of Radiotherapy and we are hoping that will be the end of it.
I have had further scans of my whole body and also a bone marrow biopsy and thank goodness the cancer is no where else in my body.

I plan on blogging as much as possible on what i am going though. With help from friends and family we hope to touch your hearts and maybe even help others who also have cancer.

For stories or comments you would like to post please send them to
dcalley@live.com and we will upload them.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment